Dear Health Conscious Reader,
Our environment has changed. The last 100 years has wiped out millions of years of pure, clean food and water.
And our bodies haven’t adapted quickly enough. We weren’t designed to live in our current world of man-made chemicals, toxins and pollutants.
You don’t even have a clean slate as a newborn. When tested, newborn babies have an average of 200 industrial chemicals and pollutants already present in their blood.1
Then, as you make your way through life, a flood of new toxins enter your body through the air you breathe, the water you drink, the food you eat every day, and even through your skin.
Getting rid of these toxins will help you live a longer, healthier life.
You can improve:
- heart health
- nagging pains
- digestive troubles
- even poor eyesight
Detoxifying your body can boost your immune system, clear your mind, balance your hormones, and much more.
Chances are you have some level of exposure to heavy metals. Arsenic and lead are among the most common forms of heavy metal toxicity.2 These poisons are used in the manufacturing processes of things like pesticides, glass, wood preservatives, fertilizers, paint, batteries, plumbing, and ink. Not to mention hobby paints, hair coloring, and cosmetics.
The best way to detoxify your body is with chelation. The word chelate comes from the Greek word chele, which means claw. And it describes the process by which a molecule from a nutrient (or chemical) surrounds and binds (or grabs like a claw) to metal toxins such as mercury, lead, and arsenic, and carries them out of your body through your kidneys and out in your urine.
There are some safe, natural methods of chelation that I recommend for removing toxic metals from your body.
- You can take chlorella, a form of dried algae. You can find it in most health food stores. Take one 500 mg capsule per day initially. Some people are sensitive to chlorella. If you start experiencing nausea or burping, it means your body can’t tolerate it and you should go for another option.If you don’t have a sensitivity, work up slowly over one to two weeks to a dose of one teaspoon (ten tablets or capsules) per day until your levels come down.
- Fresh cilantro has also been shown to remove mercury from the body. About a teaspoon a day should work.
- Garlic is also a good option. Three cloves of fresh garlic per day should help.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD
- Environmental Working Group. “Body of Burden – The Pollution in Newborns.” July 14, 2005.
- Sherman, Cathy. “Tracing Pesticides in Children From Ingestion to Elimination”, NaturalNews.com. 3/28/08