I’m sure I don’t have to tell you about the high cost of medical care these days.
The fact is that as costs continue to skyrocket, more and more Americans are driven into bankruptcy, because they cannot pay their medical bills. Too often, they even lose their homes.
You may have even lost a neighbor to this disturbing trend. It may have even happened to you – although, I certainly hope not.
That’s one reason I have always dedicated myself to keeping my patients out of hospitals – which often see patients as cash cows, instead of human beings.
And a cornerstone of this philosophy has been based upon prescribing natural remedies and treatments – like vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements.
Most physicians will tell you that you’re wasting your money when you take these natural substances.
Some are well-meaning enough to tell you to change your diet so you can get your vitamins and minerals from your meals. But our food has been gutted of nutrients by over-processing and bad agricultural practices.
Most will tell you that these supplements have no medical value at all.
As well-meaning as they might be, most doctors simply cannot accept that natural remedies – many of which have been around for millennia – have been proven to help prevent heart attacks, strokes and countless other diseases.
Medical school simply didn’t teach it to them. But I can tell you that nature has provided preventions and cures for every disease.
The medical establishment makes billions of dollars from treating sick people.
Big Medicine has no motivation to keep people well with capsules that sell for pennies apiece. And Big Pharma has no interest in natural treatments that can’t be patented.
At my wellness clinic, I’ve seen these natural treatments work wonders on my patients – even those who come to me with serious pre-existing conditions.
Other doctors prescribe Big Pharma drugs that treat only symptoms while at the same time inflict debilitating side effects on unsuspecting patients.
I have always preferred to diagnose the root causes of my patients’ problems and correct them with natural remedies.
A recent study backs up both the financial and medicinal power of my approach.1
The study shows that people who take supplements spend much less money on hospital bills and other medical expenses.
So, logically, the study also proves the effectiveness of these supplements.
The report estimates that overall medical costs in America would drop by nearly $11 BILLION A YEAR just by giving supplements to people at risk of various medical conditions.
I’ve used vitamin and other nutritional supplements at my Wellness Center for decades.
And I’ve seen firsthand how they can turn around a patients’ health and how they can save fortunes by keeping them off Big Pharma medications and out of the hospital.
And the younger patients start with these supplements, the healthier they are and the more they save.
The study, funded by the Council for Responsible Nutrition, concluded that:
- If every cardio patient in the U.S. over the age of 55 took omega-3s and vitamins B6, B12 and B9 (folic acid) supplements, the chances of ending up in a hospital were radically reduced and the combined health-cost savings would be more than $1 billion a year.
- If all U.S. cardio-diabetic patients over 55 in the U.S took a chromium supplement the total combined savings in health costs would be $970 million a year.
- If all Americans over 55 with age-related eye diseases took the potent antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, the estimated combined savings would be $967 million a year in medical costs.
Big Medicine has recently launched a campaign to bring natural supplements under the regulatory control of the FDA. This is an outrageous situation, because the FDA exists to serve the interests of one client only: BIG PHARMA.
These days, I tell my patients to get their supplements while they can because you never know when the FDA may cut you off.
Here’s how I recommend you take these supplements every day:
- Omega-3s: Take 60 mg. of the EPA form and 500 mg. of the DHA form. And make sure you get them from a combination of squid oil and krill oil, because these sources are less polluted than fish oil. Omega-3s reduce your chances of a heart attack and stroke, and they regulate your triglyceride levels much better than statins.2 And among their other benefits, they reduce the risk of cancers in the colon, breast and prostate.
- B vitamins: Take 800 mcg. of B9 (folic acid); 500 mcg. of B12; 2 mg. of B6. Vitamin B9 has been shown to reduce the risks of heart disease and strokes. And it helps build muscles and promotes healthy red blood cells. Vitamin B12 is vital for many digestive functions, cell reproduction, and it protects against several forms of cancer. Meanwhile, B6 plays many important roles throughout the body, including the digestive, nervous, muscular and immune systems.
- Chromium: 400 mcg. of either chromium polynicotinate or niacin-bound chromium. This element can help your body metabolize sugar, slowing weight gain and the chances of diabetes.
- Lutein: 20 mg. and zeaxanthin: 1 mg. Your eyes need high concentrations of these biochemicals. Lutein protects the retina against sun damage. Zeaxanthin protects the retina from damaging byproducts created during common biochemical reactions. Together, they help ward off many age-related eye diseases, including macular degeneration.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
1. Shanahan, C., and De Lorimier, R. Smart prevention: Health care cost savings resulting from the targeted use of dietary supplements. Copyright 2013. Funded by the Council for Responsible Nutrition. Published by Frost & Sullivan.
2.Ferramosca, A., et al. “A krill oil supplemented diet reduces the activities of the mitochondrial tricarboxylate carrier and of the cystolic lipogenic enzymes in rats.” Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition. April 2012. Vol. 96, Issue 2. P295-306.