Effects of Toxins
I’ve been warning you about the toxins in our environment for years.
They cause inflammation…
They make you gain weight…
They cause you to feel fatigued…
Our exposure to them starts before we’re even born.
One study found 287 chemicals and toxins in the blood of newborn babies.1 It’s shocking.
What is in the air we breathe?
We breathe in toxins and air pollutants every day. Carbon dioxide, lead, nitrogen oxide, sulfur dioxide, and particulate matter (PM).
Causes of Stroke
Now, a new study reveals that air pollution is responsible for as many as one-third of all strokes.2 That’s because it contributes to high blood pressure and hardening of the arteries, which can lead to stroke.
Another study looked at the effects of air pollution on heart disease. Six hundred thousand people were exposed to higher levels of PM for three months. Doctors then looked at blood samples from them. They found the people had increased blood sugar, triglyceride levels, and other factors that raise heart disease risk.3
They also had lower levels of HDL cholesterol. And HDL is important for protecting your heart.
Seems to me like air pollution is creating a booming business for Big Pharma and mainstream medicine.
Once you have symptoms of heart disease or if you’ve had a stroke, they have a pill for you!
For stroke victims, your doctor might put you on a blood-thinning drug like warfarin. But studies prove that warfarin actually increases your risk of stroke.
And if you have heart disease, your doctor has a lot of different kinds of drugs to choose from. Beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors, statins…
Effects of Prescription Drugs
But look at what these drugs actually do…
- Beta-blockers decrease your cardiac output by blocking hormones that allow your heart to beat faster and harder
- ACE inhibitors make you tired, weak and short of breath
- Statins deplete your heart’s cellular energy and steal its power to pump
Naturally Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease and Stroke
There are a lot of safe, natural ways to reduce your chances of heart disease and stroke. You can do this through proper nutrition, exercise and supplements that support a healthy heart.
How to Rid Your Body of Toxins
But if you want to get rid of the dangerous toxins in your body, your best bet is chelation therapy.
I recommend both IV chelation and oral chelation for my patients.
Chelation is the best way to detoxify your body.
What is chelation?
Chelation therapy is a treatment used to remove heavy metals from the blood.
The word “chelate” comes from the Greek word that means “claw.” And that’s what chelation does. The toxins are “clawed” painlessly out of your body.
How does chelation work?
At my clinic, I use calcium disodium EDTA for IV chelation. EDTA is a synthetic amino acid used to reverse heavy metal poisoning. The EDTA grabs hold of toxins while they’re in your bloodstream and carries them out through your kidneys.
You can also do oral chelation at home with an agent called DMSA. It comes in pill form.
First, you’ll be tested to see what heavy metals are in your system. Then you’ll be given a prescription for DMSA. Your exact dosage will be based on your weight, and will usually be administered over the course of several months.
Detox Your Body With Herbs
Call the Sears Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine at 561-784-7852 to schedule IV chelation or to arrange to do oral chelation at home. Oral chelation patients must come in for an office visit before any prescription can be written.
No matter which form of chelation you choose to do, here are some herbs that are natural detoxifiers. A few I recommend to my patients undergoing chelation are:
- Barley leaf. The leaf of the barley plant (not the grain) has amino acids that bind to toxins like chemicals and heavy metals. They then pull them out of your body. I suggest mixing 1-2 teaspoons of barley grass powder into your favorite juice or your morning smoothie.
- Blue-green algae. A blue-green algae called spirulina helps detoxify the blood and maintain energy levels. It also helps improve circulation and maintain healthy blood pressure. Spirulina is usually sold as 500 mg tablets. I recommend 4-6 tablets spread throughout the day.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
1. “Body Burden: The Pollution in Newborns,” The Environmental Working Group, July 14, 2005
2. The Lancet. “For the first time, air pollution emerges as a leading risk factor for stroke worldwide.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 9 June 2016
3. Sade M.Y., Kloog I., Liberty I.F., Schwartz J., Novack, F. “The Association Between Air Pollution Exposure and Glucose and Lipids Levels,” The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2016; jc.2016-1378