Today I want to tell you about a quick, painless procedure that will put the spontaneity back into your sex life.
And you don’t have to take a pill and then wait 30 minutes or more…
I’m talking about platelet-rich plasma, or PRP for short.
I’ve used PRP in my patients to heal sports injuries, aching joints and surgical wounds. It’s better than a facelift to smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
But PRP also works if you’re having trouble in the bedroom.
More than a third of men suffer from sexual dysfunction. And 40% of women do too. I’m talking about everything from erectile dysfunction and vaginal dryness to pain and low libido.
Even if you ask your doctor about sex, they don’t want to delve into the subject.
Men get a quick checkup and a script for Viagra or Cialis.
Women get an antidepressant or maybe Big Pharma’s “female Viagra”— or both. But those drugs have nasty side effects. They can even spike your risk for heart attack and stroke.
PRP is a simple treatment. It starts with a small amount of blood drawn from your arm. The blood is run through a centrifuge to separate out plasma with a high concentration of platelets.
This platelet-rich plasma is also rich in powerful proteins called growth factors.
When PRP is injected into an injured area, growth factors promote healing. They regenerate injured tissue.
But these growth factors also get to the root cause of many forms of sexual problems — reduced blood flow.
PRP increases blood flow wherever it’s applied. When PRP is injected into tissues, it activates the growth of new blood vessels from existing and damaged blood vessel tissue. That can increase blood flow.1
The P-Shot For Men: In erectile dysfunction(ED), low blood flow makes it difficult or impossible for the penis to become erect.
P-shot is short for “Priapus Shot.” It’s named after the Greek god of fertility. PRP from your own blood is injected directly into the penis. But don’t worry — a strong numbing cream makes the shot virtually painless.
A recent clinical study reveals what improved blood flow from PRP can do. It:2
- Increases erection firmness and strength
- Boosts sensitivity and pleasure
- Prolongs sexual stamina and
- Improves penis health
All it takes is 15 minutes… And you’ll see results right away. Within two to four weeks, you should feel the full effects. They usually last for 15 to 18 months, or longer.
The O-Shot For Women: Low blood flow to the vagina and clitoris can diminish arousal and orgasm. It can also cause vaginal dryness and reduced sexual sensation.
PRP O-shots are injected — virtually painlessly — into an area near the clitoris and an area just inside the vagina — the “o-spot.”
A recent pilot study shows that injections of PRP are safe and effective for improving female sexual function. It found that 71% of women3 had:
- enhanced sensitivity
- greater arousal
- increased desire
- less pain during sex
- improved orgasm
Like the P-shot, there’s no downtime with the O-shot. You can resume sexual activity within hours. And there’s often an immediate improvement in arousal. The effects can last a year or longer.
If you’re interested in the P-shot or the O-shot, or in any other type of PRP, call my staff at the Sears Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine at 561-784-7852 for details. Or you can visit my website at www.searsinstitute.com.
Even if you don’t get PRP shots, you can still boost your performance in the bedroom naturally. Here are two natural boosters to improve your blood flow.
2 proven sex boosters for both men and women:
1. L-Arginine and L-Citrulline: These amino acids team up to make nitric oxide. This boosts blood flow to give your lovemaking a lift. Great food sources include peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, tuna, chicken, salmon, shrimp, eggs and watermelon. If you want to supplement, I recommend 1,000 mg of L-citrulline and 6,000 mg of L-arginine a day.
2. Beet Juice: Beet juice has been used since the time of the ancient Romans to improve blood flow.4 It heightens bedroom performance of both men and women by raising nitric oxide levels. Drink it straight or mix a teaspoon of beet powder into fruit juice. You can also get beet capsules online or from health food stores. I recommend 1,000 mg a day.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
1. Bennett NT, Schultz GS. “Growth factors and wound healing: biochemical properties of growth factors and their receptors.” Am J Surg. 1993.
2. Chalyj ME, Grigorjan VA. “The effectiveness of intracavernous autologous platelet-rich plasma in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.” Urologiia. 2015.
3. Runels C, Melnick H, et al. “A Pilot Study of the Effect of Localized Injectionsof Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for the Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction.” J Women’s Health Care. (2014)
4. Hobbs, D.A., et al.”Acute ingestion of beetroot bread increases endothelium independent vasodilation and lowers diastolic blood pressure in healthy men: A randomized controlled trial.” J Nutr. 2013 Sep.