All the patients that I see in my clinic are special…
But sometimes there’s a patient who really leaves a mark on you.
I recently had a patient like that. He was living 3,000 miles away in Ireland and had seen one of my daily e-newsletters. Right after reading it, he made an appointment, booked a flight and came to my clinic in South Florida.
I’ll call him K.O.
About 10 years ago, K.O. was diagnosed with dangerously high blood sugar, type 2 diabetes and out-of-control blood pressure. He was 50 years old and taking 10 prescriptions a day. His kidneys were failing him and he was on the short list for a kidney donation.
He was dying…
When I first met K.O. he shuffled into my office. Every step left him breathless.
I asked him what he was eating. He told me he’d been following the “expert” advice dished out by mainstream doctors. He had eliminated fats, ate whole grains and cut back on sugar.
In fact, the very opposite of what he needed to do.
The first thing I did for K.O. was change his diet. I immediately put him on my Zero Diet. This is a near-zero carbohydrate plan zero glycemic index with high fat and moderate amounts of protein.
Changing K.O.’s diet was step one. But there was so much more we could do for him. I told him about a protocol I was developing that would normalize his blood sugar, restore his metabolism and reprogram his stem cells to naturally produce insulin.
He didn’t hesitate for a second. He started that very day.
A week later, K.O. told me he had more energy than he’d had in years. He wasn’t shuffling anymore when I saw him.
In less than two weeks, K.O.’s:
- • Blood glucose level fell by almost 15%
- • Blood pressure was significantly lower
- • Immune system improved
- • Kidney function improved
K.O. was suffering from a condition affecting billions of people around the world. If we don’t get it under control, it will affect every person on the planet by 2065. I call this pandemic Syndrome Zero.
It’s a direct result of living in an abnormal environment full of unnatural foods. This fake, industrialized food supply is overloaded with starchy grains. Your body wasn’t designed to handle all those carbs. When you eat carbohydrates, your pancreas reacts by massively overproducing insulin to push the sugars from these foods into your cells to make energy.
The more carbs you eat, the more insulin builds up in your bloodstream. It overwhelms the insulin receptors in your cells. It makes them insulin-resistant. Insulin becomes less effective at pushing glucose into your cells.
The result is Syndrome Zero. With Syndrome Zero your pancreas produces too much insulin. The energy from your food can’t get into your cells. The result:
Your blood sugar levels soar. You feel tired and can’t concentrate. You’re hungry and have cravings. You store dangerous fat around your middle. You can’t lose weight no matter what you do…
The program K.O. followed was life-changing. But it’s not difficult. It’s something you can start today.
Normalize blood sugar with stem cell boosters
The protocol that K.O. followed worked at the cellular level to return his blood sugar levels back to normal. Here are a few of the herbs I recommended…
|My friend Ivey Harris, a traditional Maroon healer, introduced me to cerasee.|
- Cerasee. I first learned about the cerasee vine from my friend Ivey Harris in Jamaica. Ivey is a seventh generation traditional Maroon healer. More than scientific studies prove ceracee’s value in treating blood sugar problems. For example, two studies show cerasee could play a key role in helping to balance insulin in your body.1,2 And another study showed it had positive effects on the serum glucose levels of those taking it, following both fasting and eating.3
- Ceylon Cinnamon. Exciting new research shows cinnamon significantly increases insulin production and balances blood sugar. 4 Researchers discovered that cinnamon actually increases your glucose metabolism. It contains a compound called methylhydroxy chalcone polymer, or MHCP for short, that works with insulin to help process glucose.In fact, a laboratory test conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) showed MHCP increased glucose metabolism by roughly 20 times.
- The “Sugar Destroyer.” For more than 2000 years, people in India used Gymnema Sylvestre control blood sugar. The herb is also called “gurmar,” which means “destroyer of sugar” in Hindi.In one study, 22 patients struggling to maintain normal blood sugar levels took Gymnema Sylvestre daily for 18 to 20 months.5 By the end of the study, 100% of the patients showed excellent blood sugar levels!
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
P.S. The Zero diet is your first step toward living Syndrome Zero-free, but there are many more. To discover your next steps in reversing this pandemic, watch my free video series: Syndrome Zero: The Root of All Chronic Disease. Click here to register now.
1. 1. Leatherdale B.A., et al. “Improvement in glucose tolerance due to Momordica charantia (karela).” Br. Med J (Clin Res Ed). . June 1981.
2. Welihinda J., et al. “Effect of Momordica charantia on the glucose tolerance in maturity onset diabetes.” J Ethnopharmacology. .Sept 1986.
3. Ahmad N., et al. “Effect of Momordica charantia (Karolla) extracts on fasting and postprandial serum glucose levels in NIDDM patients.” Bangladesh Med. Res. Counc. Bull. . 1999 Apr.
4. Kirkham S., et al. “The potential of cinnamon to reduce blood glucose levels in patients with type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance.” Diabetes Obes Metab..2009 Dec.
5. Baskaran, K., et al. “use of Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract in the control of blood glucose in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.” J Ethnopharmacology. 1990 Oct.