It’s a well-known fact that people with diabetes have a higher risk of cancer.
But no one knew why. Until now…
Researchers found that the DNA in a person with diabetes suffers more damage when blood sugar levels are high.1 And this increases your cancer risk almost 30%.2
But mainstream medicine’s advice to take Big Pharma’s dangerous diabetes meds is flat out wrong…
Especially when you can CURE your diabetes — without Big Pharma’s dangerous drugs.
You see, like many of Big Pharma’s “cures,” metformin increases your risk of cognitive decline.3 In fact, patients taking the drug had more than TWICE the risk of Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s.
Compared to non-users, metformin increased:
- Parkinson’s rates by 127%
- Alzheimer’s and dementia rates by 113%
- Vascular dementia by 130%
And the risk went up the longer the patients took the drug and the higher their dose…
People who took the highest doses had a 254% higher rate of Parkinson’s compared to the controls. For people who took the drug for more than 400 days, rates of Parkinson’s were a huge 349% higher!
Here at the Sears Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine, I’m seeing patients reverse diabetes naturally every day.
Take These 2 Natural Blood Sugar Busters
Here are two safe and powerful herbs to help balance blood sugar:
- Chromium. This mineral controls insulin sensitivity. Without enough chromium, insulin can’t work properly. But we are in the middle of a chromium pandemic. Today, almost 90% of American adults are chromium-deficient despite the fact that chromium is in many foods including brewer’s yeast, meats, potato skins, cheeses, molasses and fresh fruits and vegetables.
I recommend supplementing. But you can’t take just any kind of chromium. Some types may actually do more harm than good. Research shows that your chromium supplement needs to include niacin to be effective.
Look for chromium polynicotinate or niacin-bound chromium, which are both safe and effective as a dietary supplement. Take 400 mcg a day.
- Fenugreek. This herb has been used to treat high blood sugar in herbal medicine for thousands of years. It contains galactomannan, a type of soluble fiber. This slows down the rate sugar gets absorbed into your blood. One study found that fenugreek consistently lowered fasting blood sugar and HbA1c levels.4
Look for fenugreek supplements, with either the whole herb or seed extract. I recommend starting with 500 mg twice a day.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
1. American Chemical Society. “How diabetes can increase cancer risk: DNA damaged by high blood sugar.” ScienceDaily. August 25, 2019.
2. Ohkuma T, et al. “Sex differences in the association between diabetes and cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysis of 121 cohorts including 20 million individuals and one million events.” Diabetologia. 2018;61(10):2140-2154.
3. AD/PD 2017: The 13th International Conference on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases by Yi-Chun Kuan, MD, Shuang Ho Hospital, Taipei Medical University, New Taipei City, Taiwan.
4. Deng R. “A review of the hypoglycemic effects of five commonly used herbal food supplements.” Recent Pat Food Nutr Agric. 2012;4(1):50-60.