I was first introduced to the “Tree of Life” in Jamaica more than 25 years ago.
My hosts were so proud to tell me about the “native Jamaican” plant with astonishing medicinal and nutritional properties.
It was the same story a few years later when I visited traditional healers in Peru.
In fact, no matter where my research took me – India, Bali, Africa, South America – everyone wanted ownership of this miraculous plant.
It’s so revered, it’s known in 82 countries by 210 different names. In the West, it’s simply known as the moringa tree.
Moringa is unique among plants because almost the entire tree is edible — including the stems, leaves, and seeds. The leaves alone have a remarkably complete set of micronutrients, vitamins, and every essential amino acid, a combination otherwise only found in red meat.
Moringa also has more protein than any other plant — 28 grams per 100 grams of dry moringa.
Moringa Treats Many of the Most Feared Health Threats of Our Time
I’ve seen traditional healers use moringa to successfully treat everything from inflammation and skin infections to liver dysfunction and fever.
And today, science backs up moringa’s power as a treatment for more than 300 conditions, including some of today’s most common chronic diseases…
- Diabetes: Several studies show that insulin-like proteins in moringa help lower blood sugar levels by improving insulin production or increasing the uptake of sugar into cells.1
- Cancer: The leaf extract contains two flavonols, kaempferol and quercetin, that kill human tumor cells. It works by blocking the production of telomerase — but only in cancer cells. As you know, telomerase is the enzyme that determines how long your cells live.Research shows moringa leaf to be effective against pancreatic, colon, and lung cancers. It also stops cancers caused by estrogen overload183183, like breast and uterine cancers.2
- Stress and anxiety: Moringa leaves contain polyphenols, which act as a depressant on the central nervous system. It boosts levels of the brain chemical GABA, an amino acid that helps your brain and nervous system relax.3
- Low libido: Leaves from the tree contain polyphenols, which may increase blood flow by increasing nitric oxide production. One study found that moringa seed extract relaxed the smooth muscle of the penis, allowing for further blood flow.4
- Weakened immune system. Moringa is packed with all the nutrients your body needs to maintain a strong immune system, like vitamins A, B6, C, and E, as well as iron, calcium, and zinc.5
A Powerhouse For Your Prostate
At the Sears Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine, I’ve been using moringa to treat patients with prostate problems ever since I met Dr. Josiah Kizito. Dr. Kizito was an expert in natural healing, and one of Africa’s most renowned herbalists.
Doctors will tell you that prostate issues are something that just happen with age. But your prostate should provide a lifetime of trouble-free performance.
The problem is that our modern, nutritionless diet lacks the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients your prostate needs to thrive. The diet your ancestors ate was full of prostate protectors called phytosterols.
Moringa is rich in phytosterols like stigmasterol, sitosterol, and campesterol. These gentle plant sterols protect your prostate gland’s cell membranes, helping your prostate to continue to function normally.6
Phytosterols are also potent antioxidants. They can reduce inflammation and improve blood flow, which helps maintain healthy tissue in your prostate and urinary tract.
One study also showed that phytosterols decreased prostate cancer cell growth by 24% and induced apoptosis (programmed cell death) in prostate tumors by 400%.7 Another recent study showed moringa extract also significantly reduced benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) – or swollen prostate.8
How to Make Healing Moringa Tea
Dr. Kizito had his patients rub moringa extract onto the skin of the prostate area. I suggest taking five drops under the tongue. Or, you can have a cup of healing moringa tea.
- 2 tsps of moringa leaf powder
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger root
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add to 8-12 ounces of very hot water.
- Stir thoroughly and allow the tea to steep, covered for about 10 minutes.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS