I’ve told you about Leonard and Louise… They’re my Syndrome Zero superstar patients.
They were both in bad shape when they came to see me. But now, they will be the first to tell you they’re in the best health of their lives. Together they’ve lost almost 200 lbs!
Today, I want to introduce another patient of mine — Will.
By the time he came to my office, Will was struggling. He told me he had no energy and “no quality of life.” Just getting out of bed in the morning was a “drudgery.” He was living on caffeine and it took five cups of coffee before he could even get going.
Like many patients who come to me, Will was desperate for an answer.
“I have 11 grandchildren,” Will told me. “And I want to be there for them as they grow up.”
When I first met Will, he was suffering from insulin resistance, high blood sugar, heart disease and hypertension.
He had a classic case of Syndrome Zero. And it was making him feel much older than his years.
And all the prescription drugs he’d been taking faithfully for 20-plus years were only making him feel worse. Will desperately wanted to turn away from the conventional medicine that was failing him and try an alternate approach.
I started him on my Syndrome Zero protocol the very next day…
This protocol includes a detoxing cleanse, HyperStem™ (a combination of stem cell therapy and hyperbaric oxygen), IV laser therapy, Myers’ cocktail and intermittent fasting.
I also put him on my Primal Power meal plan and gave him the supplements he needed to make up for what our environment has taken away from us. More on that in a moment…
And today, Will is well on his way to his “best health ever” — just like Leonard and Louise. After just six months of treatment, he has:
- Balanced his blood sugar
- Reversed his diabetes
- Lost 25 pounds and counting
- Gotten off ALL his prescription pills
- Regained his lost energy
As one of my regular readers, you know that this constellation of diseases is something I call Syndrome Zero.
I consider it the biggest health crisis of our time. It’s at the very root of every chronic disease plaguing our modern world. Diseases like cancer, obesity, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, arthritis, hypertension and heart disease.
This disease already effects billions of people on the planet. Within a matter of decades, almost nearly every man, woman and child in America will suffer from at least one chronic disease.
And the root cause of Syndrome Zero is the starchy, processed “carbage” that passes for food today. Your body wasn’t designed to handle all those carbohydrates.
When you eat carbs, your pancreas reacts by massively overproducing insulin to push the sugars from these foods into your cells to make energy.
The more carbs you eat, the more insulin builds up in your blood. It overwhelms the insulin receptors in your cells. It makes them insulin-resistant. Insulin becomes less effective at pushing glucose into your cells.
But you can stop Syndrome Zero in its tracks. We’ve had great success at my clinic. On top of Leonard, Louise and Will, I’ve seen hundreds of patients CURED.
Reclaim Your Best Health with the Meal Plan That Saved My Patients
A key part of Will’s success was sticking to my Primal Power meal plan. This plan is very low in carbohydrates, very high in fat and moderate in protein. But my plan focuses on something most other meal plans don’t… Here’s what I mean:
- First, focus on the glycemic index. An important part of my plan focuses on eating foods that score a zero, or near zero, on the Glycemic Index (GI). The GI measures how quickly foods break down into sugar in your bloodstream.
High glycemic foods turn into blood sugar very quickly, causing your insulin to spike — and Syndrome Zero to flourish. Low-glycemic foods improve insulin sensitivity. Some of my favorites are broccoli, celery, cabbage, spinach and cauliflower.
- Then, zero in on the glycemic load: The GI tells you how fast foods spike your blood sugar. But the GI won’t tell you how much carbohydrate per serving you’re getting. That’s where the Glycemic Load is a great help.
It measures the amount of carbohydrate in each food. Foods with a glycemic load under 10 are good choices — these foods should be your first choice for carbs. Foods that fall between 10 and 20 on the glycemic load scale have a moderate effect on your blood sugar. Foods with a glycemic load above 20 will cause blood sugar and insulin spikes. Don’t eat these foods.
- Finally, plan ahead for better success: This is what I do… Every week, I take the time to plan out my meals for that week. I also keep a journal to log my food and exercise. It keeps me motivated to stay on track. And with the zero glycemic as your guide, there is still plenty of fun and creative foods you can have. Foods like pizza and mashed potatoes. It’s easy to use grated cauliflower to make a delicious pizza crust, or mash cauliflower for “potatoes.” I actually prefer the flavor and I don’t feel bad about having seconds.
If you are interested in learning more about my Syndrome Zero disease-reversing protocol, please call the Sears Institute of Anti-Aging Medicine at (561)784-7852. My staff is happy to answer all your questions.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS