Olympic athletes have a secret that most mere mortals just don't get. And it's the same secret that can make you a gold-medal superstar in bed.
I'm talking about oxygen.
Olympians understand that every cell in your body is designed to burn oxygen. Cut back on oxygen and all cellular processes slow down. You start to become tired or short of breath. So, high concentrations of oxygen in every cell in your body makes the difference between a gold medal and an "also ran."
It's the same for you in just about every part of your life. With plenty of oxygen, your body pulses with energy. Every cell vibrates with life. You're able to do all the things that make your life fun, enjoyable and worth living.
And that includes sex…
The sad truth is that a lack of oxygen will drag you down in bed. If you're a man, you should know that your erectile health depends on a steady flow of oxygen-rich blood. Oxygen levels are low in a flaccid penis, but very high in an erect one.
And if you're a woman, oxygen benefits your sex life, too. Oxygen relaxes you. It makes you feel sensual.
In other words, oxygen is one of nature's most potent aphrodisiacs.
Research shows when blood levels of oxygen are low, sexual performance drops. In one study from Norway, 42% of patients reversed their sexual impotence during a month of oxygen therapy.1
It makes sense… All of your tissues get energy from oxygen. So the more oxygen you take in, the more stamina you'll have in bed.
But chances are you're not getting enough oxygen. Pollution in the atmosphere has reduced oxygen levels in our air by as much as 30%. In addition, most people only use about 20% of their lung capacity.
All of that can add up to an oxygen deficit. And it may explain why about 31% of men in the U.S. have some degree of sexual dysfunction… including erectile dysfunction (ED).2
But most doctors don't understand the link between oxygen and great sex. For ED, they pull out their pads and write a script. Sure, you'll get an erection for a few hours. But the side effects include headaches and body aches… indigestion… diarrhea… dizziness… blurred vision and vision loss.
That's hardly what you want for an intimate evening.
Low oxygen is also linked to all kinds of chronic diseases, including cancer. Your brain doesn't work as well, your heart is not as strong, and circulation slows down.
Hands down, the best way to experience the healing benefits of oxygen is with hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT). During an HBOT session, you sit or lie down in a pressurized chamber. You breathe 100% oxygen into your lungs and absorb it through your skin.
This process allows oxygen to get to tissues with little or no blood supply. Oxygen therapy has been shown to improve sexual function even in men who've had their prostates removed. Prostate removal often makes men impotent. And there are no negative side effects.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is one of the most exciting areas in anti-aging medicine. That's why I recently upgraded the hyperbaric oxygen chamber at the Sears Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine. The state-of-the-art chamber is larger and more comfortable for my patients.
If you'd like more information about what HBOT can do for you, please contact my staff at 561-784-7852.
In the meantime, you can boost your oxygen levels right at home. Here's what I recommend…
- Practice Deep Breathing. This is an easy way to get the healing benefits of oxygen. You can do it sitting or lying down. Just place your hands on your belly and feel it expand as you inhale. Then expand your breath into the sides of your lower chest pushing your side ribs out. Finally, lift your upper chest and let it fill with air. Exhale in the same order, from your abdomen to your ribs to your upper chest. Start with 5 minutes a day and work up to 15
- Take This Oxygen Herb. Tibetan sherpas use Rhodiola rosea at high altitudes where the air is thin. It boosts energy and physical endurance, and protects against altitude sickness. Research proves rhodiola increases oxygen intake in the lungs and helps saturate the blood.3 Enjoy rhodiola in a tea, the way the sherpas do. Or you can find it in capsule form. I recommend daily doses of 200 mg for the best effect.
- Boost Oxygen With PACE. My PACE workout system improves lung capacity so blood and oxygen flow easily throughout your body. Cardio and aerobics can't do the job. You need to continually increase your exertion. PACE pumps oxygen-rich blood to your vital organs by up to 18 times more than light exercise such as walking.4 And all it takes is 12 minutes a day.
PACE can also improve your sex life by boosting your testosterone levels. You can read more about that right here. You'll also get a sample workout.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
1. Aasebø U, Gyltnes A, Bremnes RM, Aakvaag. "Reversal of sexual impotence in male patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and hypoxemia with long-term oxygen therapy" J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol.1993 Dec;46(6):799-803.
2. Laumann EO, Paik A, Rosen RC. "Sexual dysfunction in the United States: prevalence and predictors." JAMA, 1999; 281(6): 537-44.
3. De Bock K, Eijnde BO, Ramaekers M, Hespel P. "Acute Rhodiola rosea intake can improve endurance exercise performance." Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2004;14(3):298-307.
4. Adapted from: von Ardenne, M. Oxygen Multistep Therapy. Thieme. 1990. p. 144