If you’re unfortunate enough to get cancer, it seems like the first option from your oncologist – even today – is endless rounds of chemotherapy drugs.
One reason is that it’s all they know. But there’s another very concerning reason…
Chemotherapy drugs can make oncologists very, very rich.
You see, most doctors will just write you a prescription for a drug. But not oncologists. They are allowed to buy these drugs at wholesale prices and then sell them to cancer patients at marked-up prices.
They’re the only specialists in mainstream medicine that are allowed to profit directly from the sale of a drug. And they depend on that money. It’s estimated that selling chemo drugs makes up 2/3 of cancer doctors’ incomes!
It’s a pretty strong incentive to keep using these drugs.
Natural Remedies for Cancer
The exclusion of natural cancer therapies is universal. If there are cancer doctors out there who recommend these remedies, I haven’t met them. Not a single one. In fact, if you’re a cancer patient, they’ll likely tell you to toss out any supplements you’re taking.
When I see a patient with cancer, I often feel like it’s a war between their oncologist and me… with the patient stuck in the middle.
I understand that getting a cancer diagnosis is scary. And that most people would be willing to pay any price for a cure.
The good news is you don’t have to.
Mother Nature has powerful cancer killers that not only destroy cancer cells… but prevent them from ever forming in the first place.
And two of the most powerful weapons in her cancer-fighting arsenal are galangal and turmeric. Their ability to wipe out deadly cancer cells is so remarkable I like to call them nature’s “1-2 cancer punch.”
Effects Of Galangal Root On Cancer Cell Growth
The root of the galangal plant has been used in Southeast Asian cooking and traditional medicine for thousands of years. And it’s loaded with cancer-fighting compounds like beta-sitosterol, galangin, and emodin. In studies:
- Beta-sitosterol decreased cancer cell growth by 24% and induced programmed cell death fourfold in a line of prostate cancer cells.1
- Galangin killed human colon cancer cells.2
- Emodin suppressed tumors and improved immunity.3
And there’s more…
One study from Thailand showed that galangal is effective at treating different kinds of throat cancer.4 Another showed that it inhibits the growth of a type of gut bacteria that’s been linked to gastrointestinal cancers.5
In the UK, researchers found that an extract of galangal triggered enzymes that help cells rid themselves of carcinogens. It also kills breast and lung cancer cells.6,7
If galangal is Mother Nature’s jab, turmeric is her right hook.
The root of the turmeric plant contains a powerful compound called curcumin. It’s what gives Indian curry dishes their yellow color. It’s an age-old cure in India for everything from smallpox to sprains!
How Does Curcumin Fight Cancer?
Curcumin’s ability to fight cancer is nothing short of extraordinary. In fact, curcumin is known to target ten separate factors that can lead to cancer. You’d have a good shot at preventing cancer by just eliminating one factor… imagine eliminating 10!
Studies have shown that curcumin:8
- Triggers programmed cell death in breast cancer cells
- Targets destruction of cancer-cell mitochondria while leaving healthy cells alone
- Halts replication of cancerous cells
- Prevents DNA damage
- Targets cancer stem cells, which are at the root of tumor formation and malignancy
Both galangal and curcumin are loaded with antioxidants, which neutralize and remove dangerous free radicals from your body. They’re also great at reducing inflammation. That’s the main cause of cancer and the other chronic diseases we face today.
So why don’t oncologists tell their patients about these two wonder plants? Because they’re cheap and readily available. And by giving you a REAL cure, they’d be giving up their cash cow.
What You Should Look For
For curcumin, look for a turmeric supplement that contains the black pepper extract piperine (also called Bioperine). It increases the absorption of curcumin by as much as 2,000%. Also, choose one with at least 90% curcuminoids. I recommend 1,000 mg taken twice daily.
Galangal is available in capsule form and as a powder. You can also find it in tinctures mixed with ginger. Take 100 mg twice a day.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
1. Von Holtz RL, Fink CS, Awad AB. “Beta-Sitosterol activates the sphingomyelin cycle and induces apoptosis in LNCaP human prostate cancer cells” Nutr Cancer. 1998;32(1):8-12. PMID 9824850
2. Ha TK, Kim NE, Youn JH, Bae SJ. “Galangin induces human colon cancer cell death via the mitochondrial dysfunction and capase-dependent pathway.” Exp. Biol Med (Maywood). 2013 Sep; 238(4): 1047-54.
3. Xuemei J, et al. “Emodin suppresses pulmonary metasis of breast cancer cells accompanied with decreased machrophage recruitment and M2 polarization in the lungs.” Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2014 Nov; 148(2): 291-302.
4. Wiratchanee M, et al. “Cytotoxic activity of Thai medicinal plants against human cholangiocarcinoma, laryggeal and hepatocarcinoma cells in vitro.” BMC Complement Altern. Med. 2010; 10:55. Published online 2010. Sept. 28.
5. Bhamarapravati, S. et al. “Extracts of spice and food plants from Thai traditional medicine inhibit the growth of human carcinogen Helicobacter pylori.” In Vivo. 2003, Nov-Dec.; 17 (6):541-4.
6. King’s College London. “Thai curry ingredient has anti-cancer properties.” 3 Feb 2005.
7. Samarghandian S, et al. “Antiproliferative activity and induction of apoptotic by ethanolic extract of Alpinia galanga rhizhome in human breast carcinoma cell line.” BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014 Jun 17;14:192.
8. King’s College London. “Thai curry ingredient has anti-cancer properties.” 3 Feb 2005.